Saturday, May 23, 2009

With special thanks to and for my brother, The Marine

This Memorial Day weekend, I just wanted to take a few minutes to say “thanks” to my brother for his work as a Marine, keeping me and mine as well as you and yours safe in this America. I also wanted to say “thanks” to God for keeping him safe during his tour in Iraq at the start of the war and to ask for a replay as Cal prepares to leave for his second tour there in a couple of months. (May I mention that his first tour earned him a Bronze Star for heroism in combat?)

I am grateful to be part of a family where the kids grew up to do what they love. For Cal (or CJ to us) being a Marine is as ingrained in his being as writing is in mine. That’s a blessing I don’t take for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something told me that it was time for me to check on you by visiting your thoughts. I'm glad I did. Hey. I'm proud of Cal also. His achievements put me in a state of 'Aw' not because we are from the same line; but because of his vision and determination. He is just unstoppable. He will be in my prayers too. He, if you come across that Ebony magazine with his photo in it, send me a copy.
Love,Niecee