Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Barack Obama in Detroit

Just wanted to share a few photos from our trek downtown to hear Barack Obama speak on Labor Day. It was my second time, my kids' first. (Unfortunately, my oldest is off at college and missed out on all the live excitement.)

It was so hot that day, but the temperature cooled in comparison to the fiery spirit of the incredibly diverse crowd that gathered to witness history in the making.

If you've been in one of these crowds, you know just what I mean.

Still, despite the fervor, my six-year-old managed to find a shady spot at my feet, curled herself into a ball and fell asleep on top of my shoes. One day, when she's old enough to be ashamed of the memory, we'll remind her of how she slept through the whole thing. Meanwhile, we'll share our pictures with her.

2 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. You can almost feel the excitement.

I'm amazed your kiddo managed to nap.

Unknown said...

That's the one trait I admire in small children: the ability to get your nap on anywhere you land!